CADMOULD T-Box: evolution of temperature, along a cut through mold and part
In CADMOULD T-Box, the temperature control channels of the Cool module are combined with a complete modeling of the heat transfer processes across the entire injection mold.
T-Box offers you two options:
- You can use it early on in development, before you have a detailed CAD mold design. In this case, CADMOULD will automatically generate a generic mold sketch, consisting of temperature control, gating system and part.
- Once you have designed your mold in CAD, you can simply import it, using the CAD Importer, and use it for simulation in T-Box. This way, you can refine your temperature simulation using your fully-fleshed design.
CADMOULD T-Box: Temperature distribution along a cut through mold and part, at a specific time
CADMOULD T-Box computes the following results in three-dimensional detail:
- Number of cycles to the thermally stable state of the mold
- Local variation of cavity wall temperatures during the entire cycle
- Flow rate and pressure loss in the temperature control system
- Temperature change of the tempering medium
- Turbulence of the flow
- Temperature control efficiency
- Note: For full mold (as opposed to just cavity and cooling system) thermal simulation, also see our module T-Box
CADMOULD T-Box enables you to better account for the thermal behavior of the mold, when you design parts and molds.
- Determine cooling behavior for optimal cavity wall temperatures
- Determine cooling time
- Predict temperatures and heat flows in the mold
- Detect and eliminate hot spots due to use of different materials, mold separation or hot runner influence
- Reduce warpage through optimized tool inserts
- Reduce cycle time through mold inserts adapted to the part and the process
- Optimize existing cooling systems
- Design molds with confidence, with a better first-time right rate and fewer costly correction loops. Significant time and cost savings, and better discussions.
CADMOULD T-Box: Snapshot of the mold surface temperature. In this example, the cavity is shown from above.
This animation shows the evolution of the temperature across time: