Parts subject to load or deformation with the finite element method (FEM) and outputs the calculated reinforcement effect of the fibers. This software thus permits a structural analysis to be performed directly within the simulation of the injection molding process.
With Structural FEM, you readily and rapidly achieve the best possible mechanical layout and a material and weight-optimized design for all plastic parts. An analysis performed with this user-friendly software ensures that the material selected is suitably tailored to the load and permits a straightforward comparison of variants such as ribs, wall thicknesses and fiber orientation. The result: decisively improved, cost-efficient engineering of the part, mold and process.
- Calculates, on a fully integrated basis, the strains and stresses caused by external and internal loads, as well as the deformation due to forces, pressures, torque, gravity and centrifugal force
- Simulates a very wide range of materials, such as non-reinforced and reinforced plastics, including fiber orientation, etc.
- Permits molded part geometries to be readily imported via an integral CAD kernel in STL, IGES and other formats
- Uses the integrated, extensive Cadmould® material database for plastics and metals
- Makes allowance for temperature influences
- Permits the dimensional accuracy of a part to be analyzed, including any deformation during assembly
- Permits fixing points for parts to be readily defined
- Provides advice on the design of plastic parts on the basis of material-specific critical strain
- Visualizes results in animations and 3D sections
- Can be fully integrated in Cadmould® with no additional interfaces required
- Assists in the interpretation of results