CADMOULD Structural FEM enables the simulation of a part’s mechanical behavior, taking into account fiber-related anisotropies. The Structural FEM module is thus an ideal complement to the Fill (simulation of the filling), Pack (simulation of the holding pressure and cooling phase) and Fiber (simulation of fiber orientation) modules. In combination with the module 2K & Insert, the deformation of inserts or the core offset during the injection phase can be simulated. The following results are computed by the Structural FEM module.
- Deformation (displacement in space)
- Von Mises residual stress
- Strain energy density
- Improve engineering results by anticipating mechanical component properties
- Select materials that are compatible with expected stress and load
- Analyze the influence of fiber orientation, wall thickness and ribs on the mechanical properties of the part
- Analyze part stability and loads, once the part is built into a combined product
- Reducemechanical stress on inserts, through optimized injection phase
- In combination with 2K & Insert: takes new thicknesses due to insert deformation or core shift into account for the filling behavior
CADMOULD Structural FEM: results display for insert deformation. The red zones are most significantly deformed relative to their intended position.